I was recently interviewed by Sarah Spear at The Parentalist, a new blog featuring parents who are “making an impact on the world, in business and in their local communities”.
You listen to (or download) the audio:
Or watch the video:
On a related note, today I added the job “Parent at My Family” to my LinkedIn profile. Why is that? Parenthood teaches you:
- Putting the needs of others ahead of your own
- Functioning with next to no sleep
- Dealing with life-and-death unexpected emergencies
- Motivating others
- Communicating with people with a wide range of skills
- Managing conflicting priorities
- Building community
- Financial management in uncertain conditions
- … and the list goes on …
All of these are critical skills for business success in general, and startup success in particular.
Tags : business, investment, linkedin, parenthood, startups, the parentalist
Categories : Rants